Monday, May 5, 2008

We are home.

We arrived home yesterday. I am feeling sick again because I slept on the couch (with Hope) with the fan on because the house was so stuffy from being closed up for over two weeks. Lovely. I am not going anywhere today if I can help it. Oh, that is right. I have no groceries in the house.

I used to like flying. It used to be exciting. Now it is not any fun. The planes are too small...think of toddler on lap and the seat in front of you reclined fully. Lovely. This flight was harder because the kids were awake and had to be entertained. Hope just had to scream on occasion. I guess it really could have been worse. People were understanding, so that was nice.

We had a nice welcome home. The freezer had not been shut completely before we left and so it truly is an icebox in there. Not sure yet just how much stuff I have to throw out. I do know I need to defrost it. Lovely.

This morning I threw away a large roach that expired in the kitchen over night. I still smashed it just to make sure. I was not going to pick it up even with a tissue just to find out it still had life in it.

We have a ton to unpack today...and tomorrow...it looks like it will never end. So far I only have found one picture that got broken.

Later. I will update the regular site on our vacation.

Hilary

No comments: